The Kumeyaay have lived along our San Diego River for at least 10,000 years. Come celebrate this important local history and learn about the traditions of Southern California Native Americans at a special event at the Santee Barn!
- Explore the Native American history of our region
- Participate in hands-on activities
- See basket weaving in action
- Tour the historic Santee Barn
- Indian Fry Bread will be available for sale
This event is hosted by the Santee Historical Society.
Age Recommendation: All ages welcome
Date & Time: Saturday, March 9
Time: 10am – 1:30pm
Location: Santee Barn (RSVP for directions to exact meeting location)
Click Here for a Google Map
This event is an open house, so visitors are encouraged to drop by anytime.
Community service hours will not be verified at this event.
RSVP is encouraged. Please fill out the form below.